The Executive Doctorate in Higher Education Management at Penn:
- Offers the doctorate in an executive format, allowing executives and senior managers to complete their degree without career interruption.
- Focuses on the core management competencies and applied research that executives and senior leaders in higher education require.
- Creates a dynamic learning community of experts who provide ongoing support for innovative leadership.
- Extends participants the option to develop a dissertation on data from the student’s employer, making their research immediately relevant and encouraging institutional support.
- Provides a structured and systematic approach to the curriculum and dissertation, making it possible for students to complete their work and earn their degrees within two years.
From Paul Hennigan Ed.D. '05, President, Point Park University
The Executive Doctoral program in the Graduate School of Education at the University of Pennsylvania provided me with an outstanding opportunity to keep my job, continue to raise my family in Pittsburgh and be enrolled in an executive format doctoral program focused on higher education management. The two-year program was the most intellectually stimulating experience of my life. It was also an enormous challenge in terms of balancing schoolwork, a senior level job and raising a family, but it was “doable” and well worth it.