Accepting applications for Fall 2018 beginning September 1, 2017. Priority Deadline February 15, 2018, Final Deadline June 15, 2018.
For additional application instructions, please visit the Application Instructions page on GSE's website or refer to the Application Instructions section in the online application.
Upload the following documents to the online application prior to submission:
- Your curriculum vitae.
- Your statement of purpose.
Arrange to have the following forwarded directly to the Graduate School of Education:
- Your official academic transcripts from any undergraduate or graduate institutions in which you have been enrolled. Official transcripts must be sent to Penn GSE directly from the issuing institution and arrive from the in signed and sealed envelopes.
- Applicants completing undergraduate degrees from institutions outside of the United States and applicants for whom the issuing institution will not release a transcript to Penn GSE directly are required to submit an evaluation from World Education Services or AACRAO.
- Foreign language transcripts must be submitted with a word-for-word English translation. If the issuing institution does not provide a word-for-word translation, applicants must employ a service recognized by the American Translators Association to produce the translation.
- Institutions should mail transcripts to the following address:
Penn GSE Admissions
3700 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104 - 6216
- Two letters of professional recommendation are required. The online application system supports the electronic submission of the letters of recommendation. Be sure to carefully read the "Agreement of Confidentiality" in the applicant's section of the form. If you are willing to relinquish your right of access to these recommendations, please make certain you indicate that, since the response of the recommender may be affected by whether or not you relinquish your right of access.
Please Note: All international degree applicants must take either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) exam, with the exception of those who hold an undergraduate degree from a college or university where English is the primary language of instruction.
There is no application fee for the program for applications submitted by March 14. Beginning on March 15, applicants can expect to pay a $75.00 application fee. Application fee waivers are available by request from the GSE Admissions Office, for a limited time. Standardized test scores, such as the GRE, are not required for admission.
Please contact email@example.com with questions about the program