Save Time and Money. Start Your Master’s as an Undergrad.


A DOLLAR SAVED IS A DOLLAR EARNED -- take up to two courses at Penn GSE and apply them to your Master of Science in Education (M.S.Ed.) degree.

The submatriculation program is an exclusive offer for juniors or seniors at University of Pennsylvania to explore graduate education and apply up to two courses to both degrees, at no additional cost for full-time undergrads.

Penn Graduate School of Education

The University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education (Penn GSE) is nationally renowned for its expertise, innovation, and leadership in graduate-level practice, policy, and research in education. Penn GSE is ranked 6th in the country for graduate schools of education by US News & World Report.

Our students are anthropologists, entrepreneurs, linguists, policymakers, and researchers who seek to revolutionize the classroom, explore and improve the fundamentals of learning, and change our society, locally and globally.

Submatriculation programs

Penn undergraduates can apply to take up to two courses from any of the programs listed below. 

* Bryn Mawr College, Haverford College, and Swarthmore College undergraduates with a GPA of 3.0 or higher may apply to the Teacher Education Program. 

How to Get Started

Undergrads must apply online to a program listed above in order to enroll in a class. GRE scores are not required and the application fee is waived for all submatriculating students. Applicants are required to provide two letters of recommendation. 

Students submatriculating from Bryn Mawr, Haverford, and Swarthmore colleges are required to provide transcripts. 

Individuals who have already obtained a bachelor's degree are not eligible for submatriculation but can apply for General Admissions.