Penn Project for Civic Engagement: Forums to Inform the Search for the Next Leader of the School District of Philadelphia
PPCE and The United Way recently (2012) conducted a series of community engagement forums to solicit public comment and discussion of the proposed initial criteria for the next leader of the School District of Philadelphia.
To see how the School Reform Commission and Search Committee used community input to inform their work, below please find links to the final report and criteria for the superintendent, and reports of the individual forums.
- Mastery Gratz High School
- Northeast High School
- Education First Compact Meeting
- Faith Based Leaders Forum*
- Roxborough High School
- Bartram High School
- Lincoln High School
- South Philadelphia High School
- Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce
- Leeds Middle School
- West Philadelphia High School
- Young Involved Philadelphia Forum
- Strawberry Mansion High School
- Charter School CEOs forum
- Edison High School
- Youth Leaders Forum (PYN)
*The forum with the faith-based leaders was postponed at the request of the participants.
For more information, contact:
Linda Breitstein, Project Manager