Below is the application for lockers in GSE's west stairwell. Please note that there are only 18 lockers. Lockers will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis contingent upon application approval. If you are selected, you will be notified of your application approval within 7-10 days after the receipt of your application, and your locker will remain under your care until the end of each semester.
Please take a copy of your approval e-mail to Terence Newby on the first floor of GSE along with a $50 cash deposit for your key. Terence will be your contact person from that point forward, so if you have any questions or concerns or you are seeking to renew your locker lease, feel free to contact him at email@example.com.
Designated lockers located in The Graduate School of Education Building (GSE) at 3700 Walnut Street are available for the exclusive use of GSE students. GSE Facilities is responsible for the administration and maintenance of these lockers. No one shall occupy a locker without completing a Locker Application and paying the deposit in advance.
- Use of Lockers
Lockers provided by GSE offer a basic level of security for the convenience of students. GSE assumes no responsibility for, nor custody of, contents stored in lockers. GSE shall not be responsible for any loss of or damage to locker contents. Locker contents remain the sole responsibility of the student at all times. Students should not store valuable items in lockers. Permanent alterations to lockers are not permitted.
- Student Responsibilities
- Pay the deposit as stated in the Locker Rental Application.
- Provide current contact information and ensure that GSE Facilities are advised of subsequent changes throughout the rental period.
- Exercise caution when placing foods, liquids, or other substances that may escape into adjacent lockers.
- Keep lockers clean and odor free at all times
- Report any maintenance problems with the locker or key to GSE Facilities.
- Promptly remove all locker contents at the end of the semester. Articles not cleared within 7 days after the end of the semester will be considered abandoned and subject to removal and seizure by GSE. Contents seized by GSE may be discarded without compensation to the student.
- Please note that the following items are not allowed in lockers:
- illicit drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Flammable liquids
- toxic substances
- Lockers are available for the sole use of the applicant. Subletting of lockers is not permitted.
- GSE Responsibilities
Questions regarding lockers may be directed to Terence Newby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Receive and process applications.
- Issue an approved key.
- Maintain a record of students and locker assignments.
- Accept deposits and issue receipts and refunds.
- Handle repair requests & respond to inquiries.
A refundable deposit of $50.00 shall be collected for each locker. The deposit shall be returned to the student without interest at the end of semester, provided that the key and locker are returned in acceptable condition as determined by GSE. If the key or locker is not returned in acceptable condition, the deposit shall be forfeited at the discretion of GSE.
- Dispute Resolution
Every reasonable effort shall be made to settle disputes to the satisfaction of the Renter. However, if a matter remains unresolved, the Director of Facilities Service shall review the matter and render a decision that shall be final and binding.