Alumni FAQs

What is my PennKey?

Your PennKey, an individual's username and an associated password within the PennKey authentication system, may be needed to access some of the resources offered to Penn Alumni. If you do not know your information, visit the PennKey website.

How do I get in touch with a Penn alumna/us? 

If you're a registered member of QuakerNet, the Penn Alumni Online Community, you can search the alumni directory to find contact information. Many alumni also connect with fellow graduates through the University and Penn GSE social media accounts.

How do I let Penn know that my address has changed?

You may update your record online once you have joined QuakerNet. You may also call Alumni Records at (215) 898-2672, email them at, fax them at (215) 898-6864, or send a letter to them at Alumni Records, University of Pennsylvania, 3451 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104.

How do I let Penn know that my name has changed?

This must be done through the Alumni Records Office. You may call them at (215) 898-8136, email them at, or send a letter to them at Alumni Records, University of Pennsylvania, 3451 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104.

Does Penn have an alumni job network?

Please see our Career Services page for information about the Penn Alumni Career Network and other related services for alumni.

Do alumni have access to resources from Penn Career Services?

Yes – Penn alumni have access to many of the same resources for professional development as current students. Browse available resources from Penn’s Career Services and Alumni Education offices, and view the Intro to Career Services for Alumni page for more details. Alumni can also access Handshake, Career Services’ fast and powerful recruiting platform, to search and share jobs, connect with employers, identify events and on-campus recruiting opportunities, and schedule an appointment with a Career Services. Additionally, alumni can reach out to Penn GSE’s Office of Career and Professional Development (CDP) here with specific questions or to meet with a representative from CDP.

What is the difference between Penn Career Services and Penn GSE’s Office of Career and Professional Development?

Penn GSE’s Office of Career and Professional Development (CPD) works in collaboration with Penn Career Services to provide additional support and specialized resources specifically to our students and alumni. Together, the two offices offer a robust and ongoing list of opportunities and platforms for personal and professional growth. Learn more by visiting the Career and Professional Development webpage.

How can I find Penn alumni in my area?

Visit the Penn Alumni Regional Clubs list of regional club pages. You can also use QuakerNet to find fellow graduates based on location, degree, interests, and more.

How can I submit an Alumni Note?

To submit to the Penn GSE Magazine, click here. For the Gazette, visit their webpage, fax (215) 573-4812, or mail your note:

The Pennsylvania Gazette
3910 Chestnut Street, Third Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104

May I use the Penn library system?

Many of the resources of the Penn Library are available for alumni use. Visit Library Alumni Services or call the Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center's main phone number: (215) 898-7555. Application for courtesy borrowing should be made Monday through Friday to the Van Pelt Circulation Department. Call (215) 898-7566 for more information.

How do I get a Penn Alumni card?

Alumni of the University of Pennsylvania are entitled to a Penn Alumni Card that offers special discounts and access to graduates. The cost is $30 for five years. Learn more about card benefits and how to obtain your Alumni PennCard here.

Do I have access to Penn gyms? Where can I get more information about recreational facilities?

See the Penn Recreation website for more info.

How do I get my transcript?

Contact the University of Pennsylvania’s registrar's office, either through their website or by calling (215) 898-7511. Transcripts can also be ordered online.

How can I obtain another copy or duplicate of my diploma?

You can call the Secretary's Office at 215-898-7005 or visit their website for more information.

Can alumni take classes at the University?

Yes! There are a number of ways alumni (and non-alumni) can take classes. Visit the Alumni Education FAQ page for more information on the Online Learning Initiative, Penn Alumni Program, Senior Auditing Program, and the General Auditing Program.

How can I get a lifelong alumni email address (

The Alumni Email Forwarding service has been discontinued and replaced by Quaker Gmail accounts ( Quaker Gmail is an email service for Penn alumni on the Google Apps for Education platform, offering a Penn-branded, dependable, easy-to-use, fully-functional web-based email account on the Gmail platform. Users of the service can access their email from anywhere in the world via an Internet connection. You can also send email using your alumni address as the “from” address.

What do the letters following my name represent (i.e., GED’12)?

At Penn, all alumni have an affiliation, or series of letters and numbers following their name to indicate the degree, school, and year of graduation. A master’s degree from GSE is represented as GED and an education doctorate as GRD. A philosophy doctorate from any school at Penn is represented as GR. The two numbers following the letters represent the year in which that degree was completed. For example, if Joe Smith earned an M.S.Ed. in 2004, his name would be listed as Joe Smith, GED’04. Someone earning more than one degree would have the corresponding affiliations, so if Sarah Kelly earned an M.S.Ed. in 2004 and an Ed.D. in 2008, her name would be listed as Sarah Kelly, GED’04, GRD’08. View a full list of affiliation codes.

I have additional questions that are not covered here. Whom can I contact?

You can always contact the Penn GSE Office of Development and Alumni Relations directly by calling (215) 573-6623 or emailing us at